Happy Sunday Y’all! I took a break today and my friend Deb’s will show you how she made her “Candy Corn Banner”. It’s super cute and I know you will just swoon over it. I am super excited today because Martha Stewart featured my candy corn lamp on her website.
1/4 yd of yellow felt
1/4 yd of orange felt
1/4 yd of white or off white felt (I used off white)
2 yds black medium ric rac or other ribbon
1 small bottle of black dimensional fabric paint
Fabric scissors and paper scissors
2 pieces of cardboard (can use a cereal box or manilla folder)
Pen or marker tape
Candy Corn Template Candy Corn Template
- Print the candy corn template to be about 7″x5.25″
- Trace and cut out two candy corn shapes on cardboard (cardboard is sturdier to draw around over the felt). Leave one template whole and cut the other into thirds as shown in the pic.
- Trace around cut templates on felt until you have four felt candy corns in each color for a total of twelve (Even though my banner was only 11 pieces I used an extra candy corn to write “or” on).
- Lay out the shapes alternating colors as shown to form the candy corns.
- Use tape to attach candy corns together from the back (you can also sew them together with a zigzag stitch).]
- Glue or sew on the ric rac along the tops, connecting them all side by side to create the banner.
- Write T-r-i-c-k- or T-r-e-a-t with the dimensional paint, let dry and then display on wall or in doorway.
- Note: you can also make these from card stock or if you want to display your banner outdoors, you can use vinyl/waterproof fabric.
I got the felt from Joann’s. It was reg $4.99 per yd on sale for 40% off and I only purchased 1/4 yd of each colour (felt squares may cost a bit more). Since I already had the dimensional paint and tape, the entire project cost less than $5! I hope you enjoyed my craft! You never know, you might see more of me on here! XOXO, DEBS
© Copyright jaderbombllc, All rights Reserved. Written For: JADERBOMB