Happy FRIDAY! It’s good ole Memorial weekend! I figured this was the best time to post my famous Dorito Chicken recipe! It’s like being punched in the face with lot’s of yumminess. Seriously. Doritos. Chicken. Who knew how delish this would be. You know everyone in the South bakes everything! I guess
Now, I know once you see the ingredients of this baby you will feel like you gained a few LB’S! Just don’t read to much into the it! I swear! It’s one of those things you have to try (every other week)…haha
Plus that is why the SOUTH has the BEST food in the WORLD! Here is proof #1.
Set oven to 350˙now
2 lbs of boneless chicken breasts
1 bag of Doritos
1 can of cream of mushroom
1 can of corn
1 can of Rotel
1 16 Velveeta cheese block
1 block of butter
1. Boil your chicken. When it’s done shred each piece using two forks
2. While your chicken is boiling saute your onion and bell pepper with your block of butter
3. When your veggies are soft add in your can of cream of mushroom, cook for about 10 min
4. Once that has cooked add your can of corn and rotel, cook on low for about 10-15 min
5. While your corn and rotel are simmering cut up your cheese into cubes then slowly add them to your mixture! You want to stir the entire time you are adding them until they are fully melted.
6. Once your cheese is melted add in your shredded chicken. MIX
Get your baking pan out, I use my lasagna dish. Spray pam on it. Coat the bottom of the pan with a little bit of the food you just cooked. Grab a handful of Dorito’s and crumble them good over this mixture. You will continue this process until the pan is full, or you run out of food (heeehehe)
It’s sorta like a lasagna if you think about it! Make sure your LAST step is adding a Dorito layer on top! Like this.
This is what it will look like in it’s LAST step. Cover with aluminum foil and pop it in the oven for 25 minutes. You will be delighted when the aroma of this starts smelling your house!
Ready to see the finale of this baby!
I hope all of you have a SAFE and wonderful weekend!
© Copyright jaderbombllc, All rights Reserved. Written For: JADERBOMB
how much is a block of butter??
Kelly: You should be able to purchase the sticks of butter where your other butter is store. I think 4 teaspoons.
That sound good I’m gonna try it!
LOL! Love you